Attention Skirts

A pencil skirt is a slim fitting skirt with a straight and narrow cut. Generally the hem falls to, or just below, the knee and is tailored for a close fit. The name come from it's shape: long and slim. Christian Dior introduced the pencil skirt in the late 1940s.



Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas, RevFit and a Not So Pleasant Surprise!



I lost 11 lbs doing Revelationfit.com WHEN I woke up on Christmas day.

I'm upset right now. We're allowed a cheat meal/half day/whole day for one day of the week. My free 'day' is Sunday. I have made it my day off so I can relax on my only day off from my work and not work out and eat a little more loose. RevFit originally told me I could have a free day so I did...and free I was. I gained 3 lbs back from last Sunday's free day and it took me half the week to lose it. AND when I'm counting calories and working out with great intensity it is such a waste to have gained my earned lost lbs back. Though I decided to take it as a lesson.

So the upcoming free day was going to be over Christmas weekend. I was mentally prepared that I was not going to just gorge. It wasn't going to be a day of food vacation but like a little nap, something just right. On Christmas day, I did my cardio and I ate my clean meals and tracked the nutritional info. I went over to a friend's house for Christmas dinner. I stayed away from all the appetizers and the many people asking if I would like an alcoholic drink. I was so proud of myself while waiting politely for dinner. For dinner, I had about 3 oz of turkey (the dog caught my plate and ate the other 2 oz which was fine with me), 1 tb of cranberry sauce just to taste, and about a half cup of green bean casserole and one delicious roll. I rarely buy bread and this roll was amazing that I actually closed my eyes while taking a bite to soak in it's goodness on my tongue. Oh and I had water!

So then we did a white elephant (the good present kind) present exchange and then played the game of Spades for hours. So I decided to use my 'free' meal/day during the time we played cards because I felt it was important to be apart of this and not just wait until I was alone to eat my free meal. I had 3 cups of white chocolate covered popcorn (DELIC!) and 2 cups of this PB and choc chex mix, 2 alcoholic drinks, and a half of tiramisu (which I threw the other half AWAY!)

Mentally, eating freely feels weird because I feel guilty and that I'm cheating. I had to remind myself joining in for dessert is all right. I drank a bunch of water when I got home. When I woke up, I gained 3 lbs and have gotten my period. Yep, my blasted period! ARGHHHH!

(When I did Body for Life, I think the cheat day evened itself out in my head since I was weighing once a week, not daily. Now weighing daily I see what exactly is going on.)

On Sunday, I ate clean and drank a ton of water hoping to get rid of any sodium. I ate a bunch of kidney beans to up my fiber intake and also rinsed in a bowl of water for several hours since they came from a can which brought their own sodium pow with it. I woke up today and had lost 1 lb which brings my total to 9 lbs.

Sooo if you've read any of my precious posts then you'd know that when my period comes that means I've arrived in Crazy Town. So now I'm pissed, feeling guilty, fat and sad! On top of it, I have 10 trainers who are going to be looking at my starting picture, weight & measurements and then all of last week's pics, weight and measurements tomorrow. They already think that I should be losing lbs quicker since I have so much to lose. I have 10 trainers that are going to judge me because really, let's be clear... they are going to judge my food portions and choices but they are also going to judge me and my dedication. The reason why I decided to blog a bit ago is that a light bulb came to me a bit ago...I'm doing this for me, not to have 10 trainers proud of me. And even though they probably won't understand about my PMDD and my period, I have lost 9 lbs and 17 inches. I'm very happy to be a part of this program and feel this is such an opportunity. I'm ready to lose this weight and am dedicated to doing the work.

off to go eat 4 oz of turkey...


p.s. this blog wasn't to blast the trainers-I'm stoked for all of them. This is an intense program and I'm blessed to be in it!

1 comment:

  1. i didnt know that drinking more water would get rid of sodium, i thought it made it worse. hmmmmmm

    any weightloss is a definite accomplishment and it is super awesome that you have people to support and help teach and push you to your limits. if anything look at it as learning how to become a better healthier you.

    good luck with your period i know exactly what you mean!!

    ReplyDelete