Attention Skirts

A pencil skirt is a slim fitting skirt with a straight and narrow cut. Generally the hem falls to, or just below, the knee and is tailored for a close fit. The name come from it's shape: long and slim. Christian Dior introduced the pencil skirt in the late 1940s.



Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Burning Ships!



Revelation Fit uses the term 'Ship Burning' affectionately to get the process of no way out, no desertion from your goals into their client's mind so that we understand we have only one way out...so you may be raw and embarrassed but it's going to help you climb out from the abyss from where you are now stuck.

Mariah mentioned the book/movie, The Hunt for Red October where a similar provoking thought Captain Ramius uses to steer his Russian crew and submarine. They were going to defect from Russia but instead of sneaking away, the captain uses the story of the Spaniard Captain Cortes. He led his hundreds of soldiers and crew into Mexico on a treasure hunting expedition. Cortes' goal was to never return but to stay and build a society however, he knew if they had a way out, a possibility to fail then his plan would be ruined. Cortes ordered the eleven ships that allowed them safe passage from their home to be burned; the fact that he was willing to die in this endeavor showed his resolve.

In The Hunt for Red October, Captain Ramius wrote to Russia to explain that he and his officers were defecting so that there wasn't any chance of changing their mind. This is where the movie becomes exciting because then the Russians order a death threat on the submarine, Red October and we get to see Alex Baldwin (I think it was Alex...I always get the Baldwin brothers mixed up) swashbuckling it to save the day.

So Mariah asks what would get my ship burning?? Now imagine my face as white as a sheet and eyes as big as saucers for that's about what I looked like throughout the entire hour. So she prompts me by offering suggestions such as writing a letter to my office/friends/family stating my intentions of 'going all in'? I shake my head and agree that I could probably do that but I'm thinking I'd prefer not to. She then says, "then that's not it!" It's an odd thought that I'm supposed to come up with something that I would never do in a million years.

There was a writer and videographer that works for them that were waiting to talk and to see if I would be a good video candidate. Let me tell you a little something about myself...I have never wanted to be an actor...never wanted to be the diva belting out on stage to the sounds of my cheering fans. I'm the stage manager. I looked at her in horror and said I don't think I can do that and I start to cry! CRY!...geeza louisa! She then said that's your burning ship...

3 comments:

  1. Relevation Fit sounds really intense, I'm excited to hear about your experiences as you do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. each experience gets more and more interesting. so she is going to use the video things to help you lose weight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what do you mean that each experience gets more interesting, Ginger?

    I think she is going to use the video to scare the beejezus out of me! Out damn spot!

    ReplyDelete