Attention Skirts

A pencil skirt is a slim fitting skirt with a straight and narrow cut. Generally the hem falls to, or just below, the knee and is tailored for a close fit. The name come from it's shape: long and slim. Christian Dior introduced the pencil skirt in the late 1940s.



Monday, November 8, 2010

Meeting Mariah



So I met Mariah, Master Trainer of the Revelation Fit program. On our first phone call I wasn't so sure about her. She wanted me to pick a time and place for us to meet to talk over the program. I was fine with Monday morning but didn't care much after that. She asked me three times to be specific. I wasn't loving her tone and when she said I'm not going to ask again I thought, "it seemed a bit early to be badassing it but what do I know?"

We met and she brought it up which I was really thankful for. For after the phone call, I asked a couple people what they thought of the interaction and some said, "sounds like a bitch" and others said to just check it out. I wasn't going to hold a grudge because I figured if I couldn't trust her on something so small that when it came time to the big stuff I wouldn't have a strong foundation with her. Her explanation was that people who are really fat lack in their power and control wheel when they have more control than they realize. She was trying to allow me the control over the situation and I kept trying to give my control back to her. I liked the explanation a whole lot better than if she was trying to show dominance on the first phone call. I'm a good listener but sometimes a phone call is just a phone call.

2 comments:

  1. i would be a bit scared from that phone call but it makes sense. good luck with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. right?! But she had this really pretty smile that reassured me to believe that everything was going to be all right!

    ReplyDelete