Attention Skirts

A pencil skirt is a slim fitting skirt with a straight and narrow cut. Generally the hem falls to, or just below, the knee and is tailored for a close fit. The name come from it's shape: long and slim. Christian Dior introduced the pencil skirt in the late 1940s.



Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Update From My Dad-

Recap-my dad had gastric bypass surgery about a month ago. He was 'only' 80 lbs overweight but he had serious medical issues that they thought the surgery would help.

July 13, 2010
"The big difference is in the weight, a little over 35 lbs loss and a loss of 21 inches.

I see the surgeon tomorrow for my first month checkup. Except for my lower back, which still is extremely sore, and trying to figure out what I can eat and how much is still a big learning curve for me, I'm doing okay. It will get better I hope as I'm suppose to slowly start to eat regular food. Right now if I eat too fast - pain, if I eat too much (trying to figure how much is too much is still a big question) - pain, and that goes the same for drinking liquids, as well as how often to eat. Right now I'm eating/drinking about 4 to 5 times a day.

I bought a year's pass to the pool and have been doing aqua-jogging laps for more exercise. I definitely get a workout with jogging with the aqua-jogger vest. That and our stroll (0.6 mile) that Murphy (their dog) and I do every other day is slowly starting to get me back in a little better shape. I meant to get over to physical therapy and ask them for some exercises that I should be doing but I keep getting sidetracked. Maybe later this week."

July 14, 2010

"Saw the doctor today and he was pleased with my weight loss, lower blood pressure and blood sugar. As to my back pain he said it was no longer the surgery. Most likely caused by my body changes and therefore my back is trying to adjust to my new body. Spent some time then talking with their nutritionist about food and sort of how to go about changing over to harder more substantial food. She told me to try fish which I did when I got home. I had some salmon and baked a piece with a small amount of olive oil, just like she said. I had a small piece, about 2 x 3 x 1" and took my time eating it. Tasted great, but 10 min later it felt like I swallowed a beach ball and someone was filling it with air. Laid down for a little bit and that didn't help. Finally about an hour later the pressure is going down. Not completely yet but so much better. I guess I'm going to have to start with maybe a third of that. I have some more that I cooked up but didn't eat. I may try a much smaller sample tomorrow."


Thanks for the prayers and thoughts! Keep 'em coming!

3 comments:

  1. i cant even begin to imagine the way it would feel inside his tummy. it has to be frustrating and exciting all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is an award for you at my blog! http://annieweighsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe you added me to your awards list! No way! Wowsers! I'm speachless....yet I keep writing how amazed I am!! Love you Sweet Annie!!!

    ReplyDelete