Attention Skirts

A pencil skirt is a slim fitting skirt with a straight and narrow cut. Generally the hem falls to, or just below, the knee and is tailored for a close fit. The name come from it's shape: long and slim. Christian Dior introduced the pencil skirt in the late 1940s.



Sunday, July 4, 2010

Celebrate Your Independence!




I came home for a long weekend. I am so excited! I haven't been home in a year and I've missed my family AND the weather. There has been a high learning curve to living in Austin and living with high humidity! This post is a BRAVO because I haven't been wanting to come home because I'm embarrassed that I'm still overweight but last week I thought, "enough is enough, go HOME!" And I did and it's been terrific! I've been hanging outside every moment I can get trying to soak in the weather and how lovely it is here. I've also been getting as many hugs as I can from my family! So even though I'm still fat I'm working on not letting me stop living my life! This trip was a huge part of that....because imagine sitting on the plane in the cattle car section, not having the cutest clothes and tugging and pulling at them all the time, seeing my family and friends AND doing all this while hating that I'm still fat.

But I came anyway! So in a way I'm celebrating my independence (even if it is from myself!)

Happy 4th of July everyone!

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." ~Mark Twain

2 comments:

  1. good job!! so happy that you were able to go home and recieve that boost and upliftment that a family gives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was ama-ZING! I wish I had done it sooner.

    ReplyDelete