Attention Skirts

A pencil skirt is a slim fitting skirt with a straight and narrow cut. Generally the hem falls to, or just below, the knee and is tailored for a close fit. The name come from it's shape: long and slim. Christian Dior introduced the pencil skirt in the late 1940s.



Monday, July 26, 2010

Wow, Sarah, Missy, Amy & Ginger!

I made a thankful list (see previous blog) and I am thankful for all those things that I wrote but there was a story for each one and I held myself back because I thought that it might be a bit too much. But I'm in a melancholy mood so I'm laying it out there. Comment if you like. *grin!*

You know what I mean, jelly bean! You're thankful for tons but then it crawls up your leg of your life's uneasiness. So here it is...

I'm thankful

for a job even if it is part time.

Crud...actually, I first wrote FUCK...just like that, loud and all hanging out there but then I deleted each letter slowly thinking, "don't want to offend anybody!"

FUCK/Crud on the part time. I can't pay my phone bill, my car insurance (again!), my internet (I won't be able to read my blogs!) and all the other bills. This month I am scraping to pay my rent. Laughing butttt...I bought my food. No food left behind. That should be the name of my memoir! "A hot and steamy day a chicken leg walked into my life, no other chicken leg had done that to me..."

that I'm in Real Estate school.

I am beyond thankful to be in Real Estate school! It means a means to the end, a light at the end of the tunnel...a possibility of how my life should be,... will be. The ama-ZING thing is one of the owners of the job where I am a receptionist at PAID for my 5 classes. She knew that I was better than the receptionist job and needed to go...hmmmm...okay, start singing You Are The Wind Beneath My Wings...because she is. The last 8 months I've been trying to afford to get my Real Estate License but I couldn't reach it.

-tried saving but when I'm eating from the food bank not many quarters were dropping in that bucket.
-Valentine's Day-I made 1,000 heart valentines to sell on the street which my placard said, 'Be My Valentine, Send this girl back to school'. I made 45 cents.
-I finally was able to get a second job. I worked for the census. I put one week's paycheck toward a Real Estate correspondence course. I realized very quickly that I am not a correspondence kinda learner. So I sent it back. The post office decided to push my box of new books into traffic and what was received was every book was ripped with tar gooey-ed onto them. HUH? They only gave me a partial refund.
-With that partial refund, a tooth infection dentist bill and TX car registration became of it.

"oh my goodness! Oh my goodness!", whined the little girl in Annie.

So I went to one of my boss' and said, "you have a new house that you're trying to fix up, can I work to raise my school money?" So I started and pulled down wallpaper for 8 hours (ow!) and she came up and said, "okay, you can work it off but you're starting school on Monday" and nothing I could say to tell her I wanted to work it off before would do any good. So I started school, passed the first class and started my second class today! So I am totally and forever grateful because she was able to pay it forward and I JUST know this will change my life because I will be able to finally get a full time job that will not only pay my bills but allow me to save. Pinch me for this cannot be real because I am sooo excited!


that I have my own apartment that I really, really like.

I am so blessed to live by myself. My place is clean and I don't have to worry about roommates! :) Yippeee!


that I could afford groceries and it's food I enjoy.

well, this month...but I still look in my fridge and pantry and smile that there is food in them.

that I am a hard worker and that I am responsible with a kind heart.

I am.

for my car, Kevin.

even though I need two new tires he still is an awesome Sport SUV that I am proud to own and it is soooo close to being paid OFF!


that I have an overhead fan in my bedroom.

it gets warm here in Austin even with the A/C! You try it!

for my sister B who leaves me funny voicemails.

I love my family even when I don't! :)

that I live in a neat city even if it's muggy.

I went to Barton Springs last Friday and swam in 68 degree water when it was hot and muggy outside. It was a great afternoon.

that my dad is doing good.

oh my, I was nervous for my dad! Now I'm thinking how can I sign up!! Laughing!!

I'm thankful

that I have a cool blog.

It took me awhile to come up with the name Pencil Skirt Bound so I think I have a cool blog. I had to get down to the bones of the matter (hold the fat) and imagine what I want to look like and that lovey-dovey pencil skirt kept rising to the top. AND I have cool people that comment. Thank you to Sarah, Missy, Amy and Ginger.

when people comment. (I get excited!)

"comment, comment, comment." It still cracks me up!

when people follow my blog. (I get really excited!)

Not many people want to follow me but I get it. I'm more of a lackadaisical weight loser (not looser!!!) so you'll have to follow me till I'm 60 years old to see the shocking weight loss and I get that is too much of an investment for some. Eh, your loss!

9 comments:

  1. PS Forgot you screen comments - no need to publish either of these - just wanted to ask if you got my e-mail and beg you for info about 5HTP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get my e-mail? If you can't talk tonight, no worries but I'll leave you with this and perhaps we can talk tomorrow. I take 200mg of it. I haven't had any side effects. Have you looked it up on the internet to see if it might work for you? It's been terrific for me. I'm in the middle of my PMS/PMDD and I haven't had my normal, crappy reactions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what the heck were you holding back for?!! :p just kidding i totally understand the whole not dropping the "f" bomb in fear of offending lol i think my family and church people would give me the stink eye but something about saying the word fuck is so liberating. hahaha and if we want to be totally honest i would have to say i am not digging the new background. so glad you told the little stories behind your thankfuls. gives us a peak at the real you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tried 200 mg this morning - no difference. I think I might go the prozac route. Lunch with boss was ok. Surviving but not really thriving today. Hope tomorrow is better. Was great talking to you last night. You saved my sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ginger-hush up about my background! It's lively and summery and check out the boobies to your right! I am not finding cool backgrounds. They all look like I'm wrapping an old present.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sent you a text Sarah to see if you were available to chat soon. Call me if you like. I wanted to hear about your lunch meeting.

    Maybe try 250mg...play with the mg. Everyone I read stayed only at 50 or 100mg AND I started just fine at 200mg and I feel like 50mg more might be just right. I want to feel it out some more.

    However, talking drugs...I'm just started taking Penicillin for my tooth infection and I think I took too much or else I'm beginning to become allergic-UGH....double UGH!! I have a slight itchy rash developing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are hilarious! at first i thought it was just a bunch of swirly designs but indeed there are boobies there and even a flamingo lol so funny

    ReplyDelete
  8. are you alive? almost done with school? how is your journey?

    ReplyDelete