Attention Skirts

A pencil skirt is a slim fitting skirt with a straight and narrow cut. Generally the hem falls to, or just below, the knee and is tailored for a close fit. The name come from it's shape: long and slim. Christian Dior introduced the pencil skirt in the late 1940s.



Wednesday, May 26, 2010

256.4

"Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness", said with shock and disappointment! I started Weight Watchers today and I could NOT believe what I saw. The WW receptionist still had my weigh-in booklet and I could read it upside down that it read, "256.4lbs". I thought, "NO WAY, I'm misreading it." Oh my goodness, I so wasn't. That is my highest weight ever.

I was on Weight Watchers before several years ago. I had gained 50 lbs, besides the many other side affects when I was on the birth control Depo Provera. I lost it slowly with WW. At the end of 2008, beginning of 2009 I gained 40 lbs with another birth control called Yaz to help me with my Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD). I should have known better than to be on any kind of birth control. I know those hormones throw me out of whack! Well, I gained that 40 lbs plus another 20 from being depressed about being unemployed and being in a new city. I can't believe I weigh 256lbs.

2 comments:

  1. Everyone starts somewhere. It's not where you start, it's where you're headed and the work you put in to get there that's important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! I do agree. In my head it feels better when I'm a little further into the journey but at least I can say, "I'm on one!" My goal this week is to be on points.

    ReplyDelete