Attention Skirts

A pencil skirt is a slim fitting skirt with a straight and narrow cut. Generally the hem falls to, or just below, the knee and is tailored for a close fit. The name come from it's shape: long and slim. Christian Dior introduced the pencil skirt in the late 1940s.



Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I Had to Come Back

I just posted but I can't stop thinking about my folks. My dad will be getting gastric bypass surgery in a couple of weeks. I am so SAD about it! I mean it's my dad, my daddy, my father and I'm scared for him. My dad is 64 years old but looks and acts like he's in his 80's. He can't walk far because his body hasn't been used properly in years. His legs and back are almost always in pain. He has sleep apnea and non-insulin diabetes. He has 80 lbs. to lose. I'm very surprised that he was approved for the surgery since I had thought you needed to be 100 lbs overweight to be considered. He was planning on going in for lap band surgery but his doctor told him for his age that getting gastric bypass is a much safer procedure for him. My parents live in Germany and he will be getting the surgery from one of the American hospitals there. My mom is a civilian working for the U.S. Army which is why they live in Germany.

I sent him a card I made saying that I support him in whatever choice he chooses and that I believe in him. I don't want him to think I'm negative about this because I know he's put a lot of thought into this and as his daughter I need to support him....even if it is something I wouldn't do. I'm just praying it goes well and he and my mom can learn to change their behavior. 64 years old seems so young. He could easily live for 20 more years. I've been yapping about Weight Watchers for years but clearly it isn't for him or he would of done it.

I feel like the cliche, "move it or lose it!" applies to my dad. I never want to have Gastric or Lap Band. I want to be in control of my body and my decisions. I guess that is why I joined Weight Watchers again today. I needed to move it or lose it so one step at a time. Please think healthy and safe thoughts for my dad! I love him!

1 comment:

  1. Thinking happy and healthy thoughts for your Dad. Mine also had it done. :/

    ReplyDelete