Attention Skirts

A pencil skirt is a slim fitting skirt with a straight and narrow cut. Generally the hem falls to, or just below, the knee and is tailored for a close fit. The name come from it's shape: long and slim. Christian Dior introduced the pencil skirt in the late 1940s.



Sunday, May 23, 2010

How I Came to Austin-

I have been in Austin for one year. I came because I was relocated to work here. I was really excited. It seemed like my grown up life was really beginning. I was moving to where I didn't know anyone so it seemed to be a perfect place for a fresh start. One of the reasons I moved besides work was because I love my family so much that I never really wanted to go out and meet people. I had some friends but I rarely dated. I realized that I needed to go and make my own family and in a new city it seemed so possible. Hopefully, that makes sense.

Austin is a terrific place to do that because everyone is from everywhere else so there is a fresh, newbie feel with a great energy in the city. Unfortunately, 3 months after working without so much as a bad word against me or my work ethic, they let me go. I went through lots of emotions of shame, humiliation, embarrassment and sadness. I definitely did not feel inspired to eat less and move move. I crawled into my apartment and rarely left.

I came up with the idea to volunteer at a dance studio and in return take dance lessons. I volunteered there for 4 months and then I became a paid employee. I felt really proud that they wanted me to work there and that they wanted to pay me for my time. My previous employers really did a doozy on my self esteem and what I felt my worth was.

No comments:

Post a Comment