Attention Skirts

A pencil skirt is a slim fitting skirt with a straight and narrow cut. Generally the hem falls to, or just below, the knee and is tailored for a close fit. The name come from it's shape: long and slim. Christian Dior introduced the pencil skirt in the late 1940s.



Saturday, May 22, 2010

Alone in the Dance Studio


I'm sitting in an empty dance studio. The walls that separate the studio are down because there is an event tonight so that means all the white lights are twinkling and the dance floor is a wide, open space. To me a dance studio is a magical place. Clean wooden floors that people can slide across the floor with mirrors to watch their perfect posture. I watch many people learn to dance from the newbies who get really nervous and you swear they're going to lose it to the professionals arching their necks as far as they can to elongate their bodies. Foxtrot, Rumba, Salsa to Argentine Tango classes and so many more. I love it! I love hearing the music even when it's just me alone in the studio. When I'm waiting for classes to begin I'll put on some Waltz or Foxtrot music and listen to the deep voices slowly pour out like honey. Sometimes when I'm walking through the different classrooms and I can hear music playing from another class, I'll dance in front of the mirror or spin really, really fast because I'm by myself and no one can see me.

I'm just the receptionist.

I love to dance but not now. Now with 100 lbs extra on my 5'6 frame I'm the one dancing only when no one is looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment