Attention Skirts

A pencil skirt is a slim fitting skirt with a straight and narrow cut. Generally the hem falls to, or just below, the knee and is tailored for a close fit. The name come from it's shape: long and slim. Christian Dior introduced the pencil skirt in the late 1940s.



Thursday, June 17, 2010

247 lbs

I only lost .6 lbs last week. I'm disappointed but I know why I lost so little. My little sister came into town for 1 day and we went to supper at the Texas Land & Cattle. It was yummy but crazy in the amounts of points. I need a buffer so knowing that by the second day all my flexible points are gone gets my head in a tizzy. I then brought a bunch of leftover steak home. Yummy yes! But since I didn't make it, I don't know exactly what's in it and the exact points.

Also, I'm blaming my TOM because I was definitely holding onto my sanity with white knuckles last week. I'm glad I lost only that because if I lost more I would think I could be easy peasy with my eating all the time and lose weight and that just isn't the case.

I am making good choices by going walking now. I've gone 4 times this week. Go Me!

6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. Striking a balance I think is critical (ie, enjoying your steak sometimes, but realizing there will be consequences) and something I feel like I am still learning. However, I will give you mad props -- a loss is a loss. I will celebrate with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for celebrating with me! That's awesome. Yes, I don't want to be and I couldn't even if I tried be the type where I am so focused that I cannot enjoy life along the way.

    Hey Sarah, have you been watching the show Losing it with Jillian? Did you see the lady that was 300 lbs and lost 74 in 9 weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so hard with those flex points are used up so quickly! Just keep going, though! You had a loss and any loss is a step in the right direction. You're doing great!!

    You asked me to update you, I lost 2.2 this week, bringing my total to 20.2! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot! Woot! Wootie-woot, Annie!!

    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. isnt it crazy how the happiest time such as a visiting family member can also be the hardest time when trying to lose weight. ugh!! a loss is a loss and i am happy to celebrate it with you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ginger! I totally agree with that however I cannot blame her entirely because I was only with her for 9 hours but we had an incredible supper. I cannot remember the last time I had rib-eye, garlic mashed potatoes, bread and butter, lettuce wedge with bleu cheese with bacon bits, and two Mexican Martinis with lots of olives. YUM!!!

    ...and it will be a long time till the next time. Grin!

    ReplyDelete