Attention Skirts

A pencil skirt is a slim fitting skirt with a straight and narrow cut. Generally the hem falls to, or just below, the knee and is tailored for a close fit. The name come from it's shape: long and slim. Christian Dior introduced the pencil skirt in the late 1940s.



Monday, June 14, 2010

Going Out?

Today I went to an Austin local 'fast food' joint. It's called Terra Burger. (www.terraburgeraustin.com) Everything is organic. I realize there is a much bigger argument raging today that just because we're eating organic does not mean it's good for the environment and therefore us in the process. (The other side is locally grown organic is what we need to eat, not organic produce trucked in from overseas or other states) I thought it was neat because it gives an option from a yucky lardfest, corrupt money hungry at all cost including our children, sugar-high fast food place.

I had a vegan burger which was 7 points with vegan mayo which was 1 point. It was all right-not terrific. I think there buns are too big and not yummy enough. I had a turkey burger there last week which was 12 points and was soooo mad at myself because when I compared it to the beef burger it was the same amount of points and I could of had that! They offer sweet potato fries (regular=6 points)which I think is a neat change from the same ol' french fries but were soggy and not crispy when I got home. I also had a diet lime cola which was made from stevia. A little sweet for me but not bad every now and then. I also had organic mint chip ice cream for dessert which was nice and was 5 points. This won't be a place I go too often since it's pricey. What I think was the best about them was right at the drive through speaker I asked about their nutritional info and she walked me through everything I was buying. I wish all restaurants were like that!!!

Any suggestions on delicious different foods that you get when you're out (from anywhere!)? If you can attempt to throw in the calories, fat and fiber...even ballpark it. That'd be great!

Vegan burger-345 cal/13 fat/7 fiber
Vegan mayo-35 cal/3.5 fat/ 2 fiber
Sweet Potato fries, reg size-210 cal/ 10 fat/ 3 fiber
Mint chip ice cream, reg size-225 cal/14 fat/1 fiber

4 comments:

  1. i think it is amazing when you can go through each item and count points. i dont have the patience for that.

    i dont eat out too often so i dont have any suggestions but i know all the good fatty foods to get lol you can never go wrong with a salad though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blech on only a salad! But I do loveeeee roasted sunflower seeds, feta and craisins in my salad!

    What's cool about points is I probably eat about the same 40 things so I just remember what it is. When I buy new stuff like the almond milk in my fridge, I just mark the 1 point on the carton with perm marker.

    I don't have the patience to write down all the calories, fat and fiber that I see other bloggers do. I think it would be boring to read what everyone in the world is eating and then how to count for it. I like to read about their life and see how they're faring through the guts and glory of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are organic fast food places becoming a thing? We've been living in Germany for 7 years, so I'm a little behind the times on American stuff. This is the first I've read/heard anything about it!

    I guess I don't have any good suggestions either. Mostly because I am not around many American restaurants. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WISH organic fast food was becoming a thing!! My parents have lived in Germany the last 5 years. I've gone and visited and they have some terrific, healthy food but you have to search it out. What's your favorite healthy German food Amanda?

    ReplyDelete