Attention Skirts

A pencil skirt is a slim fitting skirt with a straight and narrow cut. Generally the hem falls to, or just below, the knee and is tailored for a close fit. The name come from it's shape: long and slim. Christian Dior introduced the pencil skirt in the late 1940s.



Friday, June 18, 2010

Wobbly Parts

Tomorrow the dance studio where I work is holding their Showcase. It's a fancy-schmancy affair where professional instructors dance with their students and neat dance teams perform. I've been very excited about watching it and being apart of it.

BUT....

...remember I said it was a fancy affair. We're supposed to dress up and I've been planning how I'm going to look with my make-up and if I was going to curl or straighten my hair but I never thought about my dress. So 5 minutes ago (because it doesn't take long to figure out what I can and cannot fit into) I figured out the only 2 dresses I fit in, I look jiggly in. My butt and thighs wobble through the dresses. Not like a dainty English wobble to and fro but a "hold onto your hats, ladies and gentlemen!" wobble and now I'm sad. I'm thinking maybe I should just wear my black capris and dress up around it. I want to be comfortable but cute and I'm going to be working through this affair.



It's frustrating because I see in my mind what my body should look like and then it's a surprise when my body is still fat and dumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment