Attention Skirts

A pencil skirt is a slim fitting skirt with a straight and narrow cut. Generally the hem falls to, or just below, the knee and is tailored for a close fit. The name come from it's shape: long and slim. Christian Dior introduced the pencil skirt in the late 1940s.



Sunday, June 20, 2010

Keep Calm and Carry On

I had a breakthrough last night. We had the Showcase last night and it went terrific! The food was yummy and so was the flowing wine! (I worked 15 hours yesterday and was really tired with achey feet by the end of it.) When I'm in situations like that since I'm still new on my weight loss journey it stress me out mentally because it's food I don't normally eat nor buy and I didn't make it. Yesterday I didn't have the time to track my points because of so much to do. I was literally running around the studio bringing food up, carrying trays back, throwing trash away and cleaning when I could. I did dance a couple times which also stresses me out. This cute boy asked me to dance and we attempted to rumba. Since I haven't touched a boy in ages it made me all giddy which I kept having a stern talkin' to in my head of "knock it off, it's just a dance!"

Anyway onto the breakthrough...


Since I've been excited about losing weight sometimes I get frustrated that I'm not already skinny and through that frustration makes me feel less likely to work so hard since the weight is taking it's sweet time to drop off. As I was just nodding off to sleep last night it came to me (which is so silly and I'm sure you're never going to come back to this blog because of it's silliness) that if I don't lose quickly it's all right. If I keep working the program then the weight is still going to come off so my plan IS working!

Sometimes I need to reassure myself and keep calm and carry on.

6 comments:

  1. shoot! i was thinking i was the only one that was going to have their weight drop off tomorrow :p hahahaha oh could you imagine? i would so be having a celebration feast hahahaha

    way to step out of your comfort zone and dance with a boy. *woot* *woot* you hot mama you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...sigh...he's so cute.

    psst...and he's here tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Score! You should tell him you like his rumba :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear! I found out he is married. Welp, never mind!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. just have to find another cute boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A tough job but I think I am up to the challenge!

    ...giggling!...

    ReplyDelete